sonnenFlat is the ideal addition to your sonnenBatterie and solar system.
sonnenFlat will enable you to become independent from conventional retailers and take your energy future into your own hands.
What is sonnenFlat?
It is an energy tariff for sonnenBatterie owners. You receive a guaranteed amount of energy for a low monthly fee and in return some of the energy stored in your sonnenBatterie will be used to assist in the stabilisation of the electricity grid.
How does sonnenFlat work?
The offer is open to customers who install the sonnenBatterie and who have an existing or new solar system. Once you have purchased and installed your sonnenBatterie with one of our partners, you can sign up for one of three sonnenFlat packages outlined below.
Your solar and sonnenBatterie system will cover a large portion of your energy consumption but not all. Therefore under a conventional retail bill you will still have energy charges and fixed supply charges to pay. sonnenFlat replaces both these charges with one low monthly fee, saving you money on electricity bills.
Each package requires a suitable capacity solar system installed on the roof of your home. The solar system, the sonnenBatterie and sonnenFlat will combine to provide your energy needs to the consumption allowance. If you exceed the allowance in a 12 month period you will be charged for the excess consumption at a low per kWh energy rate.
¹ This example is calculated with the combination of the solar, sonnenBatterie and sonnenFlat against the comparative retail offer for Sydney currently published by Origin Energy on “www. originenergy .com.au/content/dam/origin/residential/docs/energy-price-fact-sheets/nsw/1July2017/NSW_Electricity_Residential_AusGrid_Origin%20Everyday5.PDF” at a rate of $0.31372/ kWh at all usage on 1st July 2017. Note that energy rates differ by distribution network region and therefore savings will differ depending on the customer’s location. 2 Please register as soon as possible under (www. sonnen.com.au/en-au/sonnenflat) to assure that you are eligible, as spaces are limited to 2,000 customers. You will then be notified by sonnen as soon as you can sign up for the sonnenFlat online.
Who can participate in sonnenFlat?
- sonnenBatterie owners with an existing or new solar system
- Houses must be connected to the National Electricity Market. There are some areas of Australia, which are not eligible for sonnenFlat. Before purchasing a sonnenBatterie you should get in touch with us to determine if you are eligible
What advantages do I receive with sonnenFlat?
- An energy package to make the most of your solar system and sonnenBatterie
- Energy cost savings above that provided by solar and storage system
- A mechanism to control your energy cost against rising energy prices
- sonnenFlat improves payback time of the sonnenBatterie
What do I need?
- A suitable solar system – minimum 5.0kW or above
- sonnenBatterie eco 8.8 or above
- Successful registration completed below & qualified
What else do I need to know?
- Delivery of sonnenFlat starts shortly after the successful installation of the sonnenBatterie and solar system listed below (actual start date will depend on you transferring from your existing retailer to sonnen)
- sonnenFlat fees starts at $30/month1 with an ongoing contract and the ability for you to opt out at any time without an exit fee
- You provide a little amount of the energy stored in your sonnenBatterie to help stabilise the grid without affecting your household consumption
- Pricing for the requisite sonnenBatterie and solar systems will differ based on capacity and dealer installation cost. An 8kWh sonnenBatterie is typically priced at around $15,999. Dealers can quote you on detailed pricing for both solar system and sonnenBatterie